Re: Torrents killing my conection

On 06/20/2010 09:51 AM, Mark Allums wrote:

I agree, in an ideal universe, torrents are a great innovation, and should be the standard method. Alas, in many places, by many ISPs, torrents are punished, throttled to the point of uselessness and worse.
Do they throttle torrents when protocol encryption is enabled as well ? My isp here does the same thing with unencrypted torrents but no issues at all when protocol encryption is turned on.

Mihira.

  • Re: Torrents killing my conection
    ... torrents are punished, throttled to the point of uselessness and worse. ... Do they throttle torrents when protocol encryption is enabled as well? ... Some ISPs are starting to throttle all VPNs and encrypted traffic. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Film footage of Pearl Harbor attack?
    ... they have or dried torrents or "alternative" ... transfer illegal files and the RIAA pirates are abusing their position ... The real problem for honest users is that ISPs will tend to throttle ...
    (sci.military.naval)
  • Re: Must be a lot of downloads
    ... It's better to use a port over 50.000 for torrents, since most ISPs ... don't throttle them; they throttle the default port instead. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Film footage of Pearl Harbor attack?
    ... they have or dried torrents or "alternative" ... Thus ISPs tend to throttle them. ... security features that can be offered with the format. ...
    (sci.military.naval)
  • Re: rtorrent on low_disk_space.