Re: Torrents killing my conection

On 06/20/2010 01:44 AM, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
Ron Johnson put forth on 6/20/2010 1:34 AM:
On 06/20/2010 12:50 AM, Mark Allums wrote:
[snip]

Throttling is just one possibility, and maybe (probably) not even the
best guess. It's just a suggestion.

I think throttling is more likely if you open lots of connections, so
try using fewer. Beyond about four, you won't see much improvement if
you are already receiving at close to your connection's top speed.

I don't know much about how torrent works. Does "Downloading from 29 of
54 connected peers" mean that I'm using 29 connections?

'netstat -an' should tell you.

$ netstat -an | grep ^tcp\ | grep -v LISTEN | wc -l
111

--
Seek truth from facts.

  • Re: Torrents killing my conection
    ... Throttling is just one possibility, and maybe not even the ... It's just a suggestion. ... I think throttling is more likely if you open lots of connections, ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • RE: HELP ON ETH0 CONFIG
    ... > configured in my hosts file to reflect that machines name. ... > The problem is when I make outbound ip connections, ... try the archives at ... unsubscribe mailto:redhat-list-request@redhat.com?subject=unsubscribe ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: Introductory reading on firewall/iptables/etc for new Debian user?
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Using cups remotely?
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Introductory reading on firewall/iptables/etc for new Debian user?