Re: Compiling kernel took a lot of disk space.

I am using debian unstable 64 bit with lvm and ext3. All options are default.
How did I find out? This OS is a VM. And the disk data is in a
non-fixed size file, not compressed. Sorry I forgot how to say this in
English, by non-fixed size, I mean the VM software just allocate the
actual disk space that has data to write.
And I think this is not just about ext3, but ext3 & 64bit. Because
with the same environment, 32bit works fine for this process.