Re: was getting disk failure errors, repaired the sectors, now what?

On 01/07/10 03:34 AM, Andrei Popescu wrote:

Don't you have some method of checking the integrity of you backups?

It is considered that a modern drive developing bad sectors visible to
the system[1] is not to be trusted.

[1] drives are remapping bad sectors internally, until they run out of
spare sectors.

This looks like filesystem corruption, did you fsck the drive/partition?

All good points. I haven't tried these ... which I will do now.

newsgroup on Replies sent to my email address are just
ever having been read.