Scim and iceweasel

I am currently running debian (amd64) testing with some packages from
sid. It is stable for my work purposes.

I frequently have to input indic characters and scim is my preferred
input method. I have set the input method to scim using im-switch. I can
only use it in gnome-terminal that too by right-click->Input
Methods->scim. This does not work in OpenOffice or Iceweasel.

On another machine the same set of packages gives me scim
as the default input method for gnome-terminal, OO and iceweasel.

My question, how can I make iceweasel, OO and other packages like
inkscape to use scim as the default input method?

Regards,

--
Sridhar M.A. GPG KeyID : F6A35935
Fingerprint: D172 22C4 7CDC D9CD 62B5 55C1 2A69 D5D8 F6A3 5935

Heller's Law:
The first myth of management is that it exists.

Johnson's Corollary:
Nobody really knows what is going on anywhere within the
organization.

  • scim repos for Fedora Core
    ... [Scim (Simple Common Input Method) is a modern input system ... The scim core package was recently added to Fedora Extras.] ... these packages directly to me initially. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: scim repos for Fedora Core
    ... Could anyone please give me a comparison between SCIM and IIIIMF. ... >The scim core package was recently added to Fedora Extras.] ... >Here I am happy to announce the availability of yum repositories ... >these packages directly to me initially. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Scim does not work with openoffice
    ... I have scim working here properly on Debian Testing. ... After install scim and the related m17 packages, ... you need to be careful about the locale you are using. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: scim chinese input under non GB2312 locale
    ... the packages aren't that big...so why not install scim*? ... I'm prepared to install scim*. ... running scim on FC3 compelling me to run BV1aL (Chinese Knoppix) Live ...
    (Fedora)