Re: Using Arial Narrow in OpenOffice.org

On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 09:36:52 +1000, David Purton wrote:

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 06:31:00AM +0000, Camaleón wrote:

Mmm... I get:

sm01@stt008:~$ fc-list :family="Arial Narrow" Arial
Narrow:style=Negrita Cursiva,Negreta cursiva,tučné kurzíva,fed
kursiv,Fett Kursiv,Έντονα Πλάγια,Bold Italic,Lihavoitu Kursivoi,Gras
Italique,Félkövér dőlt,Grassetto Corsivo,Vet Cursief,Halvfet
Kursiv,Pogrubiona kursywa,Negrito Itálico,Полужирный Курсив,Krepko
poševno,Fet Kursiv,Kalın İtalik,Lodi etzana

(...)

In my case, I've got the TrueType font for "Arial Narrow" installed,
which displays fine within any application.

As a Separate family? Maybe that is an older font?

Yes and yes :-)

It's from a Windows XP installation and it reads "version 2.30", a bit
older than yours.

I only have access to
the onw off Windows 7, which seems to be included in the Arial family by
fontconfig. What I was hoping was for some sort of fontconfig
configuration magic which could cause Arial Narrow to be treated as a
separate family from Arial even with the newer font.

I can send you the involved *.ttf" files (there are 4 faces: "normal",
"bold", "bold italic" and "normal italic"), for you to make some tests.
That way we could discard the error comes from the font file or you are
facing another configuration problem :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón