Re: HP PSC 1315 printer and hplip/hpcups printer cartridge mode issue

On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 08:16:34 +0000, Camaleón wrote:

On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 05:29:45 +0000, Harishankar wrote:

I'm using HPLIP /CUPS with the hpcups driver to print using my hp psc
1315 printer.

Has anybody had the issue that during a print job it is impossible to
ask the printer to use both the B&W and colour cartridge at the same
time? I mean, if you select Normal Color it prints even black text
using the colour cartridge (giving a non-sharp brownish grey effect)
and when I select Normal Greyscale it is impossible to print in colour?

(...)

I have that options for my HP colour laserjet printer (using a PPD file,
CUPS PS driver, not HPLIP):

***
Text Neutral Grays: 4 colour / [x] black only Graphics Neutral Grays: 4
colour / [x] black only Photographs Neutral Grays: [x] 4 colour / black
only ***

Those options are pretty close to its counterpart windows driver and can
be changed at real time for each print.

I had the same problem using HPIJS drivers as well but the HPCUPS
haven't solved the problem either?

Has anybody ever successfully printed a multi-coloured document with
both the B&W and colour cartridge used where black is printed using the
B&W cartridge and other colours printed using the colour cartridge like
in Windows?

This seems closely related to this bug report:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/debian/+sour ... bug/235399

Seems nobody at HP have resolved the issue related to Linux printing or
am I doing something wrong?

Have you tried by downloading the latest PPD file for your printer
("hpcups 3.10.6.15" or "hpijs 3.10.6.15") and adding a new printer
instance with CUPS in the old fashioned way (I mean, without using
HPLIP, just the provided PPD file)? :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Thanks for the response. Actually I have chosen the default driver
provided by the hpcups package in Debian. Should I download a separate PPD
from another website and try using that instead?

I configured the printer using the CUPS interface only. Should I
uninstall HPLIP?

--
Harishankar (http://harishankar.org http://literaryforums.org)