Re: HP PSC 1315 printer and hplip/hpcups printer cartridge mode issue

On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 14:38:23 +0000, Harishankar wrote:

On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 08:16:34 +0000, Camaleón wrote:

(...)

Have you tried by downloading the latest PPD file for your printer
("hpcups 3.10.6.15" or "hpijs 3.10.6.15") and adding a new printer
instance with CUPS in the old fashioned way (I mean, without using
HPLIP, just the provided PPD file)? :-?

Thanks for the response. Actually I have chosen the default driver
provided by the hpcups package in Debian. Should I download a separate
PPD from another website and try using that instead?

Latest available PPD file descriptor for you printer is (or seems to be)
"3.10.6.15". What version do you have installed (PPD files are stored
under "/etc/cups/ppd")?

I configured the printer using the CUPS interface only. Should I
uninstall HPLIP?

No, don't unistall HPLIP. Just check the PPD file is up-to-date.

If not, you can download the "tar.gz¹" and extract *only* the PPD file
you need (/hplip-3.10.6/ppd/hpcups/...) so you can add a new printer in
CUPS using that file (_do not delete_ the current printer, just _add_
another one. If neither works, you can easily delete the new printer and
wait until HP corrects the bug).

¹ http://sourceforge.net/projects/hplip/files/

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

  • [kde-linux] Printer losing whitespace
    ... Now the printer does not display linefeeds, all the paragraphs are lumped ... on some inkjet printers) but the ppd file in HPLIP 2.7.9 is the same. ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: [opensuse] HPLIP 3.9.8 and HP Deskjet 920C prints grey only (SOLVED)
    ... Is there a known issue with HPLIP 3.9.8? ... Ever since my HP Deskjet 920C only prints grey scale and no color any ... this suggests there is a bug in HPLIP for Deskjet series. ... the user may have to check for a good PPD file, we are probably not the only ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Color HP2840 and using black toner only
    ... image print at all? ... Can you post your PPD file somewhere on the Web or provide a link to wherever you got it from? ... I downloaded HPLIP and read the provided PPD file for your printer. ... So using '-o ColorModel=Gray' should force grayscale printing of *any* image. ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • Re: hplip
    ... When I installed hplip for my OfficeJet J6480, ... rpm -q hplip and hpijs shwow that I did not install ... and install hpijs.rpm ... Do I only need a ppd file? ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: hplip
    ... But, when I print, do I really use hplip? ... Do I only need a ppd file? ... because hplip suggested it could clean the print-head, ... and tell me how low the cartridge was; ...
    (Fedora)