Re: HP PSC 1315 printer and hplip/hpcups printer cartridge mode issue

On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 05:29:45 +0000, Harishankar wrote:

I'm using HPLIP /CUPS with the hpcups driver to print using my hp psc
1315 printer.

Has anybody had the issue that during a print job it is impossible to
ask the printer to use both the B&W and colour cartridge at the same
time? I mean, if you select Normal Color it prints even black text using
the colour cartridge (giving a non-sharp brownish grey effect) and when
I select Normal Greyscale it is impossible to print in colour?

I had the same problem using HPIJS drivers as well but the HPCUPS
haven't solved the problem either?

Has anybody ever successfully printed a multi-coloured document with
both the B&W and colour cartridge used where black is printed using the
B&W cartridge and other colours printed using the colour cartridge like
in Windows?

This seems closely related to this bug report:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/debian/+sour ... bug/235399

Seems nobody at HP have resolved the issue related to Linux printing or
am I doing something wrong?

--
Harishankar (http://harishankar.org)

Just an update: I've followed up this as a bug report to Debian as well
as posted a message on an existing report at launchpad.

I believe that newer printers in the same range have automatic colour
conversion in firmware which would resolve the issue?

--
Harishankar (http://harishankar.org http://lawstudentscommunity.com)

  • Re: Cant start X after upgrade to Lenny
    ... trying to resolve it. ... this bug and want to have it fixed. ... I have never had to file a bug report, ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Cant start X after upgrade to Lenny
    ... Florian Kulzer wrote: ... If this problem has been around since at least April of last year and had not been resolved by August, you would think that there would be more emphasis on trying to resolve it. ... I have never had to file a bug report, so I really don't know how to proceed. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Aptitude cant upgrade Apt!