Re: wget question

On 2010-08-03 15:56 -0400, Curt Howland wrote:

All I want to do is download all the files in a specific directory.
http://media.mises.org/mp3/MU2010/

But wget http://media.mises.org/mp3/MU2010/ just gets the index.html
file, wget http://media.mises.org/mp3/MU2010/* returns an error, and
the one time I put -r for recursion, it started downloading
everything in the http://media.mises.org/mp3/ directory!

wget -r -np http://media.mises.org/mp3/MU2010/

Add -l1 if you don't want the subdirectories.

--
André Majorel <http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/>
lists.debian.org, an essential online resource for spammers.

  • gtm keeps making sh <defunct> processes
    ... downloading stuff there are a number of sh <defunct> show up in ps -A ... wget 1.8.1-6.1 ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-request@lists.debian.org ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Flash games on the Web
    ... standard any more - curl works as well, I just don't know what its ... DeepVacuum and Blue Crab are what I use for downloading Web sites. ... DeepVacuum uses wget. ... and I couldn't find the swf file on disc anywhere. ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: Printing on the client-side
    ... So I utilized a Cobol ... except the downloading and printing. ... So why not use a COBOL 'CALL "SYSTEM"' to run wget? ... Remote file does not exist -- broken link!!! ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)
  • Re: Printing on the client-side
    ... So I utilized a Cobol ... except the downloading and printing. ... So why not use a COBOL 'CALL "SYSTEM"' to run wget? ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)
  • Re: Read variable named file from an FTP folder
    ... > I have to write a job to bring in a text file into a sql database. ... My own situation involved downloading four files, each with a name based on ... wget is used to do the ftp'ing. ... duplicates; barbletch and barquux go to the bar table and will not include ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.dts)