Re: Netinst Still Installs Trunk Kernel

On 2010-08-10 04:46 +0200, Carlos Mennens wrote:

I downloaded the latest 'Squeeze' Netinst ISO from the Debian site and
after the install was complete, noticed in the Grub kernel list it had
installed a Trunk kernel and was told by many that this is a dated
kernel and should not be used. Is this true?

Yes, this is true.

Why am I still getting
this 'Trunk' kernel from a Netint CD for a fresh install?

Probably because you are using a di-alpha1 ISO, and this is _not_
the latest but rather outdated (almost six months old). You could use a
weekly or daily build instead.

Sven

  • Re: Looooong Horror story, 10.04.4 LTS on an amd turion 64 bit laptop version
    ... I used a procedure which installed a custom combo of kernel 3.5.7 ... which appeared to install without any gotchas. ... The update-manager finished, I had it recheck, nothing left to do ... No networking at all, usb detection of my plugging in the radio ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • input method on fc3?
    ... FC3 and soundcard ... >> without problems and sound works fine. ... What modules were loaded with kernel ... I can install and configure samba on Linux as easily as I can install ...
    (Fedora)
  • Fedora Core 2, Averatec 3220 notebook
    ... I recently bought an Averatec 3220 notebook computer and have spent some ... Following is a detailed "howto" guide for installing Linux (Fedora Core ... Linux distro, which is easy to install and use, and for lots of answers ... We need one because the default Fedora Core kernel doesn't grok NTFS ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: install woes
    ... looking at the Fedora 9 64bit DVD: ... I'd try the acpi=off, but I didn't need any boot options, as far as I remember ... appended the kernel, probably post-install. ... but on attempting to install, it freezes up at the test media screen. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Probably stupid question, but
    ... Flash is in the repos. ... The package contains a script that downloads ... If you manually install it, ... If you need a RT kernel for CAD/CAM work, fine, run the RT ...
    (Ubuntu)