Re: Why is /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/sun-java6-6-12/jdk1.6.0_12 not recognized in update-alternatives?

Camaleón wrote:
On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 15:17:14 +0200, Merciadri Luca wrote:

Camaleón wrote:

(...)

Two ideas on how to by-pass this:

1/ If Eclipse has an option to edit the path to the avilable JRE, just
change it from there, or just by manually editing "/etc/eclipse/
java_home".

2/ Make a symbolic link (ln -s) from your home's Eclipse java path
pointing to the current (system-wide) java path.

I've choosen the latter, which then makes

==
$ eclipse/eclipse
java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object ==

Why?

He, he... you can also Google a bit, it won't hurt ;-)

http://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en#hl=en&q=eclipse+java%2Flang%2FNoClassDefFoundError%3A+java%2Flang%2FObject&fp=e2910437e368fcc

Well, I've no problem with Googling, but I should have mentioned that
the aforementioned message appears when launching eclipse. As a result,
I can't even see Eclipse's GUI. Results on Google show persons having
problems compiling, running/debugging, etc., their files under Eclipse.
But I can't run Eclipse!

--
Merciadri Luca
client, please contact me.