Re: How to Retain an Existing Ext4 Partition with a Debian 5.0.5 DVD Installation?

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 08:22, Jochen Schulz <ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Tom Browder:
On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 07:44, Alain Baeckeroot

Lenny does not support ext4 for /boot (maybe / too), but
it can manage ext4 for other partitions.

For sure there is a backported kernel with ext4 support, it works flawlessly for me.

Good info, Alain, thanks!

In order to be able to at least mount existing ext4 filesystems during
installation, you canalso try Kenshi Muto's d-i:

These are regular images, just with a more recent kernel. And Kenshi is
a DD, in case you care.

Hm, thanks, but using those sounds like an installation using advanced
procedures I'm not experienced with.

Are we talking about a place in the installation where it might ask if
you have other images or such on another medium (such as another CD or

I assume that is detailed in the inst docs, but I've never done it before.

Thanks, Jochen.