Re: Mixing apt-get and aptitude

---- Original Message ----
From: tom.browder@xxxxxxxxx
To: aaron.toponce@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Mixing apt-get and aptitude
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 08:51:29 -0500

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 19:23, Aaron Toponce
<aaron.toponce@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 08/25/2010 01:09 PM, T o n g wrote:
I used to use either apt-get or aptitude to install packages. Is
it OK to
do so?

Yes. However, aptitude is a much more powerful program. Check my
blog
post on the many reasons to use aptitude over apt:

http://pthree.org/2007/08/12/aptitude-vs-apt-get/

Excellent! Thanks.

Aside, can you post another blog (or another thread here) about why
you use both Ubuntu and Debian?

I assume Debian for a stable server host and Ubuntu for a more
up-to-date desktop host, but I may be wrong.

Thanks.

-Tom

Niceville, FL
USA

This is exactly what I use for my systems and those of my students (I
teach C) (Lenny for the stagle server and Ubuntu 10.4 for the more
recent hardware such as laptops)
Larry