Re: Do apt-get and aptitude know each other's records

On 26 Aug 2010, T o n g wrote:
On Thu, 26 Aug 2010 22:21:02 +0900, Osamu Aoki wrote:

Old information may not be valiad for new apt-get :-)

You may see change in release note:

On reading above, I think it is time for me to do away with aptitude and
use back to my apt-get again, since I've been using aptitude's CLI
interface all the time.

Have a look at wajig, which makes it easy to use apt-get without having
to remember when to use dpkg, apt-get, or apt-cache. I did away with
aptitude several years ago when it it removed half my packages for its
own reasons. I've used wajig ever since.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - ac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  • Re: Is apt-get still the cool package installer?
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Is apt-get still the cool package installer?
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: package management begins to annoy me
    ... Yes, you're using aptitude. ... It gives more information than apt-get and, as this poster ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Packages temporarily disappearing from Testing/Lenny
    ... I use aptitude exclusively, and I've never managed to get it to pull ... in recommended packages. ... aptitude is not 'apt-get' but I'd hope much of the ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: package management begins to annoy me
    ... have a point about apparent simplicity regarding apt-get, ... In this situation I am really happy that aptitude is ... In the same situation apt-get often just can't get through, ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)