Re: What is Recommend CLI Package Manager Tool for Newb?

Le 27/08/2010 à 14:23, Tom Browder a écrit :

I have to say I'm getting confused. I'm in the middle of setting up
my first Debian server (which used to be Ubuntu).

I will be administering it remotely and would like to use the best
tool for the job.

Now I read conflicting opinions from experienced people about apt-*,
aptitude, and wajit.

Is there a consensus?
my consensus :-) = use whatever you like.
I think aptitude is cool as it can be used like apt-get on one line command
and with a gui interface when onvoke without arguments.

I use both apt-get and aptitude and never had problem

Alain

  • Re: Is apt-get still the cool package installer?
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Is apt-get still the cool package installer?
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: package management begins to annoy me
    ... Yes, you're using aptitude. ... It gives more information than apt-get and, as this poster ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Packages temporarily disappearing from Testing/Lenny
    ... I use aptitude exclusively, and I've never managed to get it to pull ... in recommended packages. ... aptitude is not 'apt-get' but I'd hope much of the ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: package management begins to annoy me
    ... have a point about apparent simplicity regarding apt-get, ... In this situation I am really happy that aptitude is ... In the same situation apt-get often just can't get through, ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)