Re: What is Recommend CLI Package Manager Tool for Newb?

Le 27/08/2010 à 14:23, Tom Browder a écrit :

I have to say I'm getting confused. I'm in the middle of setting up
my first Debian server (which used to be Ubuntu).

I will be administering it remotely and would like to use the best
tool for the job.

Now I read conflicting opinions from experienced people about apt-*,
aptitude, and wajit.

Is there a consensus?
my consensus :-) = use whatever you like.
I think aptitude is cool as it can be used like apt-get on one line command
and with a gui interface when onvoke without arguments.

I use both apt-get and aptitude and never had problem

Alain