Re: Get a list of obsoleted packages

On 8/27/10, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. <bss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
In <201008271648.59327.alain.baeckeroot@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Alain Baeckeroot
wrote:
Le 27/08/2010 à 16:35, T o n g a écrit :
I use to get the list of obsoleted packages using aptitude. Now that I'm
planning to remove aptitude, what are the alternatives?

obsolete = not up to date = need to be upgraded

That's not what aptitude calls an "Obsolete" package. Aptitude call a
package
"obsolete" when it is installed/configured but it is no (longer) available
from any of your configured sources.
--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. ,= ,-_-. =.

Well, similar to the last definition is "orphan". I'm not sure if
that is what's been looked for... In that case, I suggest
"deborphan".

--
Javier.

  • Re: Is apt-get still the cool package installer?
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: the new apt-get recommendation
    ... of my package installations history. ... In preparing to install a given package, what would alert me that my ... I read some other official documentation recommend aptitude. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • keeping an obsolete package (libx264-78) removes its automatically installed status
    ... The package 'libx264-78' is installed on my system: ... Aptitude shows it in the 'Obsolete and Locally Created Packages' ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: When you needed newer software than Sid/Backports provide...