Re: Mixing apt-get and aptitude

On 8/27/2010 9:52 PM, Osamu Aoki wrote:

I just updates most gross errors in CVS so updated page will show up
soon.

Ah yes. The page should describe more of why aptitude vs apt-get, and
let the user decide.

--
. O . O . O . . O O . . . O .
. . O . O O O . O . O O . . O

  • Re: stable to testing: aptitude wants strange things
    ... apt-get turns out to be mostly the same. ... Now both apt-get and aptitude want to remove aptitude. ... The following packages will be REMOVED: ... modconf openssl python-central python-minimal python-support ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: ubuntu & kubuntu
    ... update and remove packages with both of the utilities. ... command line) front-ends for dpkg - aptitude never calls apt-get. ... I challenge you to ever find an instance of aptitude running a command ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: aptitude --mind-your-own-business option?
    ... Does synaptic do something better than apt-get? ... be very usable on a command-line, looking at aptitude show synaptic. ... It's a BAD DESIGN. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: package management begins to annoy me
    ... have a point about apparent simplicity regarding apt-get, ... In this situation I am really happy that aptitude is ... In the same situation apt-get often just can't get through, ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Is apt-get still the cool package installer?