[debian-user] Any one getting aptitude frozen on "update" with Translation-en bzip2 ?
- From: Javier Vasquez <j.e.vasquez.v@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2010 10:57:06 -0600
I use debian unstable, and when trying to do "aptitude update" Today I
face at the very end:
99% [1 Translation-en bzip2 0]
And then aptitude just freezes forever...
I searched through google for this, and I found old bug reports about
that but for apt-get:
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=535182 (june 2009)
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=505092 (november 2008)
The second one suggests it's a problem in the repos, that eventually
went away. The 1st one though, which wasn't ever answered, suggests
perhaps a problem with apt-get not handling correctly the compression
used for a package (update uses bzip on Packages.gz when no .bz2 is
available). I'm getting this on aptitude (it's been a while since I
don't use apt-get, since the initial days of aptitude, when it was
said it was a bad idea to mix the 2)...
This is the first time I see this on years, so perhaps someone else
has experienced this before? Any suggestions? Also, can anyone else
confirm they're hit by this? I'm using repos from:
For unstable, and for both architectures (amd64 and i686), and all
machines are freezing on aptitude update as of now...
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: gnome mounts all fstab entries
- Next by Date: Re: [debian-user] Any one getting aptitude frozen on "update" with Translation-en bzip2 ?
- Previous by thread: Re (2): Linux hub
- Next by thread: Re: [debian-user] Any one getting aptitude frozen on "update" with Translation-en bzip2 ?