Re: [OT] Hardware failure?

On Tue, 07 Sep 2010 19:43:11 -0700
Kevin Ross <kevin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hmm, I just noticed it's a laptop, so replacing the cable is not an
option (there's no cable to replace). I had an old laptop where I have
to wedge something underneath the hard drive to get it to make good
contact with the connectors. You could try similar experiments.

Worth a try, certainly. I seem to have noticed that the problems are
more frequent after moving the system around (even while off), which
would seem to corroborate your theory.

Thanks,
Celejar

  • Re: iomega 2TB external USB drive
    ... backup my win7 drive -- I wonder if I were to repartition it would it ... backup of my win7 and of no real concern at this time. ... foffl.sourceforge.net - Feeds OFFLine, an offline RSS/Atom aggregator ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Suspend/Hibernate under Debian
    ... $ blkid | grep sda9 ... foffl.sourceforge.net - Feeds OFFLine, an offline RSS/Atom aggregator ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Lite SMTP server/daemon
    ... or act as a smart-host with only one of the available plugins which ... upstream MTA? ... foffl.sourceforge.net - Feeds OFFLine, an offline RSS/Atom aggregator ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Lets talk about HTTPS Everywhere
    ... SSL protocol. ... foffl.sourceforge.net - Feeds OFFLine, an offline RSS/Atom aggregator ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ... Trouble? ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: best labtop for debian
    ... Battery last for a while ... on it, the Winmodem, and I've never gotten suspend-to-ram working ... foffl.sourceforge.net - Feeds OFFLine, an offline RSS/Atom aggregator ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)