Re: [OT] Hardware failure?
- From: Celejar <celejar@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 23:05:25 -0400
On Tue, 07 Sep 2010 19:43:11 -0700
Kevin Ross <kevin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hmm, I just noticed it's a laptop, so replacing the cable is not an
option (there's no cable to replace). I had an old laptop where I have
to wedge something underneath the hard drive to get it to make good
contact with the connectors. You could try similar experiments.
Worth a try, certainly. I seem to have noticed that the problems are
more frequent after moving the system around (even while off), which
would seem to corroborate your theory.
foffl.sourceforge.net - Feeds OFFLine, an offline RSS/Atom aggregator
mailmin.sourceforge.net - remote access via secure (OpenPGP) email
ssuds.sourceforge.net - A Simple Sudoku Solver and Generator
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: Straw poll: What browser do you use?
- Next by Date: Re: Straw poll: What browser do you use?
- Previous by thread: Re: [OT] Hardware failure?
- Next by thread: setting NIC speed