Re: [OT] Hardware failure?

On Tue, 07 Sep 2010 19:43:11 -0700
Kevin Ross <kevin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hmm, I just noticed it's a laptop, so replacing the cable is not an
option (there's no cable to replace). I had an old laptop where I have
to wedge something underneath the hard drive to get it to make good
contact with the connectors. You could try similar experiments.

Worth a try, certainly. I seem to have noticed that the problems are
more frequent after moving the system around (even while off), which
would seem to corroborate your theory.

Thanks,
Celejar