Does the HDCP crack have any implications for Debian?

The master key to HDCP was leaked and it has been reported that it is legitimate, meaning it is now possible to crack Blu-Ray.

I'm not interested in that, but I wondered if that meant that we would eventually be able to play Blu-Ray on Debian machines. Do you suppose we will see Blu-Ray support in VLC anytime soon?

  • Re: BD-R and wheezy
    ... I am having a lot of trouble burning them to disk. ... I haven't used brasero, but a quick scan of the ... man pages shows it supports blu-ray. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Backups to DVD
    ... I back up to Blu-Ray, ... Then, every few weeks, I make tarballs of the major trees, and back up ... Troubleshooting Training * Human Performance ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Wheezy amd64 XFCE how to burn Blu-Ray (BD-R )discs?