Re: Printer paused, "/usr/lib/cups/backend/dnssd failed"

Camaleón <noelamac@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

On Tue, 28 Sep 2010 18:15:10 -0400, Tyler Smith wrote:

Initially, after setting the printer up via the CUPS web interface,
everything worked fine. Now, sometimes, sending a job to the printer
results in the printer reporting (via localhost:631/printers) that its
state is "Paused", and "/usr/lib/cups/backend/dnssd failed".

(...)

By Googling around, it seems to be a problem with "avahi", so you can try
restarting "avahi-daemon" service.

Sorry, I should have mentioned I also found that with Google, and tried
restarting avahi-daemon without success.

Thanks,

Tyler