debian lenny installation issues

almost six months ago, i have installed debian lenny on my machine. at the
time of installation i have faced three issues :

issue 1 : after configuration of dhcp server, it will ask for domain name.
is this normal ?

issue 2 : during clock setup, it tries to connect to network time server,
how can i avoid this ?

issue 3 : during installation of base system, it takes a long time to
configure apt. i did check console [ alt+f4 ] and found out that it tries to
connect to security.debian.org. how to restrict this behaviour ?

i am planning to do installation again manually.

thank you.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: How can I prevent a student to install softwares on windows 98 machines?
    ... opposed to NT-based PCs that you can just restrict users permissions. ... you could consider something called "reborn ... It is a PCI card inserted into your computer's PCI slot. ... initial installation, you can ask the card to capture a fresh copy of ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: How can I prevent a student to install softwares on windows 98 machines?
    ... >opposed to NT-based PCs that you can just restrict users permissions. ... It is a PCI card inserted into your computer's PCI slot. ... >initial installation, you can ask the card to capture a fresh copy of ... >all software installed into your computer and use the copy to "reborn" ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: Policy
    ... Policy restricting access to the C drive and downloading from IE are simply ... an installation exe file when entering sites to setup games. ... >> does not restrict a user from installing anything from the Internet. ...
  • Problem with AMD K7 and Lenny Beta2 - please reply
    ... I have installed Debian Lenny Beta2 on a PC with this hardware: ... 486 kernel image it fail, ... The installation on expert mode and selecting other kernel images, ... because on other difrent hardware like Intel forks ...
    (Debian-User)