Re: WiFi: nm-applet, nm-editor, replace NetworkManager

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 19:17 +0200, Stanisław Findeisen wrote:
eduroam-open, which is open and very restricted
eduroam, which requires authentication and is less restricted.

3. This is not the first time I am having problems with NetworkManager
here on Debian, so I think I will get rid of it. The question is how
switch between available WiFi connections without NetworkManager.

You can either (i) use wpa_supplicant directly (this has already been
noted in the thread) or (ii) use wicd.

I would encourage you to try wicd and switch to wpa_supplicant in
roaming mode if you are not happy. It works perfectly with eduroam and
provides a ncurses as well as a gtk gui.
--
.''`. Wolodja Wentland <wolodja.wentland@xxxxxxxx>
: :' :

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.

Relevant Pages

  • Wicd
    ... I am trying to use wicd to connect wirelessly to the internet ... now it won't let me switch back FROM WITHIN WICD ... Even before the eth2 screw-up, The wireless stopped working. ... wicd has a connection. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: wicd doesnt work
    ... Thank god it is Jaunty and I will re-install the entire ... system again and NEVER try wicd again. ... Funny, I switch between them all the time. ...
    (Ubuntu)