Re: icedove and iceweasel not recognizing chromium-browser as default browser
- From: Gilbert Sullivan <whirlygig@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 19:15:10 -0400
On 10/13/2010 06:16 PM, Lisi wrote:
On Wednesday 13 October 2010 19:51:21 Camaleón wrote:On Wed, 13 Oct 2010 13:43:50 -0400, Gilbert Sullivan wrote:
Would anyone know how I can make icedove and iceweasel recognize my
choice of a default browser? Not exactly a serious problem, but it kind
of irks me!
Have you tried by setting in Icedove "about:config" the variables...
- "network.protocol-handler.app.http" pointing to the Chromium binary
- "network.protocol-handler.warn-external.http" to "true"?
Thanks, Camaleón. You are a mine of useful information. :-) Just what I
wanted to know, mutatis mutandis. I don't mind what Iceweasel thinks is the
default browser, but I want clicking on a link in an email in Icedove to open
a window in Konqueror and not in Iceweasel.
I have had a look on his computer, and Iceweasel has indeed got about:config
as it should, and as I would expect. But I can't find any such thing in
Icedove. Where should I be looking?
Indeed, somehow I missed Camaleón's response. I'm glad you (Lisi) responded to Camaleón. Most grateful to both of you. I changed the http and https settings in icedove (Config Editor button on the General tab of the Preferences dialog), and clicking a link in an e-mail is finally calling up chromium-browser.
Why on earth would the Mozilla people set the mail client to behave this way?
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: A music recommendation from Sheryl Green and eil.com
- Next by Date: Changing DPI in X.org
- Previous by thread: Re: icedove and iceweasel not recognizing chromium-browser as default browser
- Next by thread: Re: icedove and iceweasel not recognizing chromium-browser as default browser