Re: How do you install Debian Live to a hard drive?

On Thu, 28 Oct 2010 18:12:43 -0500, Jason Hsu, embedded engineer, Linux
user wrote:

On Fri, 29 Oct 2010 00:59:53 +0400
Roman Khomasuridze wrote:

Well, I'm not sure about this, but theoretically, you can install
Debian installer (package debian-installer) in the live environment and
then use it to install the live system, but... Why not just grub the
first CD and install it?

Roman, I was able to download and install debian-installer by entering
"sudo apt-get install debian-installer". Where do I go from here? How
do I start the installation process?

Not sure if that will help on your task, but you can review Debian Live
documentation here:

http://live.debian.net/manual/en/html/live-manual.html

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

  • Re: Is Squeeze right for me?
    ... What do OOo 3.1 and Scribus 1.3.5.1 have to offer that you ... in the head with a brick by Special Ed to make Debian "special" too. ... it asked if I wanted Grub 2, Grub 1.5, or LILO. ... I told it to install it to sda1 instead ...
    (Debian-User)
  • unsubscribe
    ... > newsgroup for Debian ... > forward to install to your hard drive. ... > to install the Cygwin stuff on all my Windows boxes. ... like in an SSH client like PuTTY ?? ...
    (Debian-User)
  • RE: mouse
    ... I will give it a whirl ASAP. ... Is icew part of the debian install or is it from off the web? ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-request@lists.debian.org ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Grub ... updating kernels
    ... I've been making and breaking 4 or 5 different Debian ... reinstalled one on an EXTERNAL hard drive for the first time. ... entirety of my setup at the moment of that particular install. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Installing Windows with Debian already installed
    ... The rescue mode of the Debian Live CD has a grub installer. ... I'm not sure if Windows did appear in the grub menu after reinstalling. ... Since the rescue mode is not particularly user-friendly, I will get RIP, ... Windows I kept a 20 Gb partition to +install it, ...
    (Debian-User)