Re: How do you install Debian Live to a hard drive?

On Thu, 28 Oct 2010 18:12:43 -0500, Jason Hsu, embedded engineer, Linux
user wrote:

On Fri, 29 Oct 2010 00:59:53 +0400
Roman Khomasuridze wrote:

Well, I'm not sure about this, but theoretically, you can install
Debian installer (package debian-installer) in the live environment and
then use it to install the live system, but... Why not just grub the
first CD and install it?

Roman, I was able to download and install debian-installer by entering
"sudo apt-get install debian-installer". Where do I go from here? How
do I start the installation process?

Not sure if that will help on your task, but you can review Debian Live
documentation here:

http://live.debian.net/manual/en/html/live-manual.html

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

  • Re: Is Squeeze right for me?
    ... What do OOo 3.1 and Scribus 1.3.5.1 have to offer that you ... in the head with a brick by Special Ed to make Debian "special" too. ... it asked if I wanted Grub 2, Grub 1.5, or LILO. ... I told it to install it to sda1 instead ...
    (Debian-User)
  • unsubscribe
    ... > newsgroup for Debian ... > forward to install to your hard drive. ... > to install the Cygwin stuff on all my Windows boxes. ... like in an SSH client like PuTTY ?? ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: debian-user-digest Digest V2014 #1074
    ... checking the full error correction data. ... the devs and the users in debian is entirely inappropriate, ... Some packages could not be installed. ... I have just tried to install vlc on this laptop. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • RE: mouse
    ... I will give it a whirl ASAP. ... Is icew part of the debian install or is it from off the web? ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-request@lists.debian.org ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Installing an Alternative Init?
    ... Allowing the user to choose this at install time from the interface is ... It makes Debian seem partial to Red ... I meant that one vendor seeks to control the Linux ecosystem. ... You can still use the software after you stop paying for it in commercial distribution, ...
    (Debian-User)