Re: procmail and Unicode header lines (RFC 2047)

Stanisław Findeisen wrote:
Is there any support in Debian for Unicode e-mail header lines
processing, e.g. with procmail?
Subject: =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCNEE7eiROJTUlViU4JSclLyVIGyhC?=
Hm I wrote this little script:

http://people.eisenbits.com/~stf/software/conv2047/

It is easy to use it in .procmailrc along with formail (you decode
encoded subject (or any other field) and *then* you search for your
patterns of interest). Then you can, for instance, modify the subject
and encode it back.

It works for me, at least.

Neat! I will have to check it out.

Thanks,
Bob

  • Re: procmail and Unicode header lines (RFC 2047)
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: receive mails through php
    ... PHP script). ... the mail to a file *and* the command, so when the first try blows ... SOME distros use procmail as a default. ... and a copy to your normal mailbox ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: Postfix - run script from email
    ... incoming email on the VPS, and automatically run a script to do the update. ... But Debian by default sets it to procmail. ... email messages and then pipe them through a script that you would ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: [Semi-OT] Automatic subscription to self-opened bug reports
    ... If I have correctly read the script, it can be fine for users using ... I use reportbug and even another computers which do ... auto-subscribe with this script to all the bugs that you've reported. ... Procmail recipe comes into play, I guess, to close the cycle. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Please help with cleaning up after a mess I made with my email
    ... mess I have several mail directories containing emails from different ... I type 'fetchmail' at an xterm command line ... I have procmail configured to deliver email to several mbox format ... which I know is because I've some formail options wrong. ...
    (Debian-User)