Re: Attaching vs. pastebin for big outputs [was: Re: Installation Size Different - bug ?]

On Mon, 01 Nov 2010 12:30:01 +0200, Andrei Popescu wrote:

On Du, 31 oct 10, 12:15:22, Camaleón wrote:

Okay... next time instead of attaching the file to a message, better
uplaod the output to "www.pastebin.com" or similar service :-)

Personally, I prefer to have the output attached, because it is very
easy for me to grep and quote as needed. And having it attached means
that people with bandwidth constraints can choose not to download the
attachment.

It is specified in Debian mailing list "code of conduct":

***
Avoid sending large attachments.
***

I wonder, what do others think?

I personally prefer long logs and snapshot images are linked unless
otherwise specified (i.e., if the user does not have Internet access,
embedded those inside the e-mail is right).

External logs provide a better reading and understanding as MUA tends to
auto "wrap" lines and it becomes difficult to read them.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

  • Re: Signatures
    ... files but I don't see a needing for attaching such a detailed ... Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/ ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Signatures
    ... but I don't see a needing for attaching such a detailed arguments on ... it's that thing which I get by pressing ENTER/RETURN or ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: unstable web browsers
    ... Hmm, I would have expected at least a mention of loading the firmware. ... Not sure what you want me to do, I'm attaching 'dmesg' here. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Problem with logs.