Re: A question for the list:

On Vi, 05 nov 10, 10:18:04, John Hasler wrote:
Drew writes:
Consider installing apt-listbugs if you're going to run sid.

Good point. Also, don't feel that you should "track" Unstable. Upgrade
individual packages as needed and do an occasional dist-upgrade if you
feel the need to clean things up.

Still, upgrading too seldom can make the upgrade more painful, even for
testing. YMMV, of course.

Regards,
Andrei

  • Re: Distro upgrade
    ... On Jo, 19 dec 13, 18:39:07, John Hasler wrote: ... There is no need for him to "track" Jessie once he has upgraded enough ... Just read the security list and upgrade individual ... Offtopic discussions among Debian users and developers: ...
    (Debian-User)
  • fedora core 4 upgrade
    ... i have installed fedora core 4 and i want to upgrade but since i didn't have ... a fast internet connection i obtained a DVD with all the latest upgrade ... individual packages i get dependency issues. ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: Estimate on how much money weve saved because of .Net
    ... you truly have no other choice but to re-write. ... giving them a viable upgrade path), whether they needed to or not. ... Old technology dies, new technology ... keep in mind that it's at the expense of their developers. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
  • Re: Estimate on how much money weve saved because of .Net
    ... VB.net is .NOT a valid RAD tool ... giving them a viable upgrade path), whether they needed to or not. ... Old technology dies, new technology ... keep in mind that it's at the expense of their developers. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
  • Re: XP SP3 Details?
    ... MS is never responsible for mistakes made by other developers, ... user does not like or cannot afford to upgrade all of their apps ... go to Vista until my next PC, as I want one with far more memory ... because I lurked on these support NGs and discovered problems ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)