Re: postfix & dovecot- IMAP/Maildir format not working

On Sun, 07 Nov 2010 07:13:05 -0500, Paul Cartwright wrote:

I am trying to change my mail output on Debian Lenny to IMAP, using my
Maildir folder.. I've changed /etc/postfix/main.cf and
/etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf

and here is what my postconf -d output shows:

home_mailbox =
mail_name = Postfix
mail_owner = postfix
mail_release_date = 20080902
mail_spool_directory = /var/mail
mail_version = 2.5.5

"postconf -d" will print out your Postfix default settings, not the
actual. Better issue "postconf | grep "home_mailbox".

dovecot -n shows this:
mail_location: maildir:~/Maildir

Right.

/etc/postfix/main.cf has this:

home_mailbox = Maildir/

Right. This should override the previous default empty setting. Remember
to reload (or restart) Postfix for the change to be applied (/etc/init.d/
postfix reload)

/etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf has this:
dovecot.conf:mail_location = maildir:~/Maildir

I'm still getting mail in /var/mail
what am I missing?

"home_mailbox" has preference over "mail_spool_directory" but is has to
be defined. Try by reloading postfix.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón