Re: postfix & dovecot- IMAP/Maildir format not working

On Sun, 07 Nov 2010 07:13:05 -0500, Paul Cartwright wrote:

I am trying to change my mail output on Debian Lenny to IMAP, using my
Maildir folder.. I've changed /etc/postfix/main.cf and
/etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf

and here is what my postconf -d output shows:

home_mailbox =
mail_name = Postfix
mail_owner = postfix
mail_release_date = 20080902
mail_spool_directory = /var/mail
mail_version = 2.5.5

"postconf -d" will print out your Postfix default settings, not the
actual. Better issue "postconf | grep "home_mailbox".

dovecot -n shows this:
mail_location: maildir:~/Maildir

Right.

/etc/postfix/main.cf has this:

home_mailbox = Maildir/

Right. This should override the previous default empty setting. Remember
to reload (or restart) Postfix for the change to be applied (/etc/init.d/
postfix reload)

/etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf has this:
dovecot.conf:mail_location = maildir:~/Maildir

I'm still getting mail in /var/mail
what am I missing?

"home_mailbox" has preference over "mail_spool_directory" but is has to
be defined. Try by reloading postfix.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

  • Re: [OT] Postfix - STARTTLS problem: 454 4.3.0 TLS not available due to local problem
    ... # libsasl2 ... as you need those to get TLS working on Postfix. ... Here's the output from postconf -n: ... mydestination = $myhostname, loaclhost.$mydomain $mydomain ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Network is unreachable email error
    ... mydestination = mail.bizmail.com.au ... Network is unreachable (port 25) ... Because you're not using a relayhost, Postfix is trying to send the mail directly to the recipient's mailserver and since your ISP is blocking port 25, Postfix cannot access it. ... If your postfix version is> 2.3 you can use the postconf -e command to edit the main.cf like this: ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: [SLE] Postfix error
    ... > i installed postfix with yast and configured it with yast ... to a working DNS server, or access to a mail server that will relay on ... "postconf -n" and the output of "postconf mydomain myhostname". ...
    (SuSE)
  • chroot and postfix with sasl question
    ... and the postfix users list is a very hostile list for receiving help. ... Fetchmail is getting my mail. ... Here is the postconf -n result: ... Does putting an n under chroot make it not chroot? ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: [SLE] Postfix woes
    ... SUSE puts a lot of the stuff at the bottom that is commented earlier in the ... This might explain why postfix "ignores" your configs. ... A command you might find useful is postconf. ...
    (SuSE)