Re: Official Debian admin groups (dialout, audio, etc)

Is there a definitive list somewhere of the out-of-the-box admin
groups for Debian? As in, "dialout" for access to serial ports, ?? for
access to external storage, etc?

I interpret the debian policy
(<http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-opersys.html#s9.2.2>)
such that the groups you refer to should be defined by the package
base-passwd and have ids in the range 0-99.

The package base-passwd contains a list in the file
/usr/share/doc/base-passwd/users-and-groups.html naming such users and
groups.

/ johan

  • How to add an entry to Module-assitant ?
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: logrotate: three questions
    ... >> That would be a violation of debian policy, and is not the case on any ... that non-set-id executables shouldn't have restrictive permissions. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-request@lists.debian.org ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Debian - thunderbird not available
    ... with Debian policy. ... Seek truth from facts. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • re: int-fiction-installer
    ... what should I read to build the int-fiction-installer package in conformance to current debian policy? ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)