Re: upgrade to squeeze fails for NFS-rooted system

debian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx put forth on 11/27/2010 11:50 PM:
Upgrading lenny to squeeze fails with the following message during
"apt-get upgrade":

----------
Preparing to replace mount 2.13.1.1-1 (using .../mount_2.17.2-3.3_amd64.deb) ...
You have NFS mount points currently mounted, and this version of mount
requires that nfs-common be upgraded before NFS mounts will work.

Aborting install.
dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/mount_2.17.2-3.3_amd64.deb (--unpack):
subprocess pre-installation script returned error exit status 1
/var/cache/apt/archives/mount_2.17.2-3.3_amd64.deb
----------

Yes, I do have an NFS mount--my whole filesystem:

----------
# mount
/dev/nfs on / type nfs (rw)
[...]
----------

So how do I upgrade?

See:

Did you upgrade apt-get, aptitude, and dpkg before attempting the full
upgrade? Did you try "aptitude safe-upgrade" as well as "apt-get upgrade"?

Did you try manually upgrading nfs-common, nfs-utils, and mount,
individually, before performing the rest of the upgrade.

Did you attempt any troubleshooting before firing off this email to
debian-user?

As noted in the bug report by one of the devs, they assume a sysadmin
capable of setting up diskless workstations is smart enough to figure
his way around this bug...

--
Stan

  • Re: cannot mount cdrom as user after fc4 to fc5 yum upgrade
    ... to FC5 via yum upgrade. ... I cannot mount data CDs as a regular user. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Problem upgrading P630 from AIX 5.1 to 5.3
    ... Run usrchk, grpchk, and lppchk before you start your upgrade. ... problem in mount /usr or /var. ... You may have a filesystem problem OR the log may be messed up. ... I am trying to upgrade P630 from AIX 5.1 to AIX 5.3. ...
    (comp.unix.aix)
  • Solaris 7 mounts / and /usr read-only
    ... This happened on a solaris 7 machine before and the ultimate solution was to ... upgrade to solaris8. ... The system starts to boot, appears to load a video driver (I base this on ... mount -o rw,remount /usr ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: Compressing log files and CPU load
    ... I have seen a 'real time priority' task desperate for ... > drivers certainly don't have to be. ... > totally blocked on kernel I/O e.g. when a disk fails or NFS mount fails ...
    (comp.compression)
  • Re: Mount usb drive with mount -a fails after f10 upgrade
    ... any issues since until this upgrade. ... The only interesting thing with EL5 was the usb would not mount during the ... your tune2fs output is the fact that the Filesystem state is listed as ...
    (Fedora)