Smileys don't animate
- From: Barry Samuels <beejay.samuels@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 11:14:59 +0000
I run my own (non-commercial) web site which includes a forum. There are
smileys which can be used in the posts which are supposed to animate
except that they don't animate on my desktop machine.
My desktop runs Debian Testing/Squeeze, up to date, and uses a 2.6.34
kernel plus the nouveau graphics driver. I used to use the nv graphics
driver which exhibited the same problem.
I understand that these animated smileys are multi-layered GIFs and it
seems that I only see one layer which in some cases is not enough to even
identify the smiley image.
If I boot the same machine from an oldish Knoppix DVD (kernel 2.6.19) the
smileys animate as expected. That DVD appears to use the nv driver.
I can view the same page on my Laptop and the smilies animate on that.
The really strange part is that I also have a local copy of the web site
running under Apache on my desktop and the smileys do animate on that.
The Unofficial Guide to Great Britain
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: Opinions about Laptop and Debian - Nvidia vs Radeon
- Next by Date: Re: Smileys don't animate
- Previous by thread: upgrade to squeeze fails for NFS-rooted system
- Next by thread: Re: Smileys don't animate