Re: acroread trouble on Sqeeze

On Wed, 01 Dec 2010 09:28:22 +0800, Jerome BENOIT wrote:

On 01/12/10 02:52, Camaleón wrote:

Hmmm... maybe a problem with GTK+ libraries, but the error should be
also reproducible under other GTK+ applications using tabs. Does it
happen with gnome-terminal or gEdit when using tabs and scrolling down?
:-?

I have just tried gEdit: tabs work fine.

So I check my ~/.xsession-errors file: when acroread is launched, I got
the message:

Window manager warning: Buggy client sent a _NET_ACTIVE_WINDOW message
with a timestamp of 0 for 0x3600051 (Adobe Read)
Window manager warning: meta_window_activate called by a pager with a 0
timestamp; the pager needs to be fixed.

An error in Acrobat Reader package then?

There is a similar bug report for OOo:

But Acrobat Reader is closed source so bugs can be only reported upstream
(to Adobe). I'm afraid you'll have to wait for an update ;-(

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

  • Re: smart formatting csv files
    ... I'm currently dealing with some big ugly csv files. ... I'm using gedit or kwrite to visualize them. ... Then just replace all tabs back to ';' to revert. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: [Usability] Switching between tabs with Ctrl+Tab and Ctrl+Shift+Tab and "recency list"
    ... shouldn't be used to switch forward/backward between tabs in e.g. gnome-terminal, gedit, other tabbed applications? ... "recency list" when switching between tabs. ... By definition, there isn't necessarily any relationship between the content of different tabs in the same window, so it's not necessarily any more likely that you'll want to visit a recently-visited tab than ... They aren't standardized (Ctrl-Alt-PageUp in gedit, ...
    (GNOME)
  • Re: Default editor
    ... Glad the latest vim takes no Tabs. ... Now I have to figure what was downloaded with vim that was common to gedit. ... Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: how to scroll wheel events to multimedia keys in kde?
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: bits/news from the users of Debian?