RE: hdparm - dpkg error on update

On Tue, 30 Nov 2010 16:37:47 -0700 <bob@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

That reads like a similar problem to one reported in this (old) bug
report:

Has anyone else gotten this issue and did you come across a fix for
this version or the dpkg system?

I don't recognize the 'nxsensor' service in your output. Is that in
the current Debian archive?

'nxsensor" was from a remote desktop software called no-machine.

I am guessing the problem exists in that
script. What is the header for that script, the part between BEGIN
INIT INFO and END INIT INFO? Because I think the problem is probably
there.

You were absolutely correct!

I was pressed for time to troubleshoot the init script, so after simply purging the no-machine package I was able to complete the hdparm update.

Thanks Bob :)

  • Re: hdparm - dpkg error on update
    ... this version or the dpkg system? ... What is the header for that script, ... INIT INFO and END INIT INFO? ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Removing Rows for Printing
    ... One is to clear a sheet of all input cells leaving ... .PrintOut ' for testing use .PrintPreview ... I attached the script to the Print Button. ... I hid the Report worksheet. ...
  • Re: Removing Rows for Printing
    ... I attached the script to the Print Button. ... I hid the Report worksheet. ... Change PrintPreview to Printout in the code if it is working OK ... Also each cell in Col A26 through 58 has a border, ...
  • Re: Removing Rows for Printing
    ... I hid the Report worksheet. ... Change PrintPreview to Printout in the code if it is working OK ... I can tell you that I do know how to create a button and attach the script to it. ... Also each cell in Col A26 through 58 has a border, but I would not think that has any concern. ...
  • Re: Password Recovery from stolen hard drive
    ... would report a private address like 192.168.0.15 Useless information ... unless I had a way to log back into the laptop from where ever I was. ... How would you script that? ... remaining arguments are names of input files; ...
    (Ubuntu)