Re: What is possible with static ip?

On Wed, 08 Dec 2010 10:32:03 +1300
Matt Smith <msmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I discovered my isp has assigned me a static ip.

Does this mean I can make files available over the internet, if I want to
leave a box running 24/7?

Thanks, Matt Smith.

Technically, you probably can. Legally, many ISPs have a clause in
their consumer contracts disallowing the running any king of server over
the connection.

Celejar

  • Re: Connecting to the exterior network is impossible `directly
    ... you want to use Internet, say by Firefox, you are directly redirected to ... a webpage which asks you your university login & your university ... foffl.sourceforge.net - Feeds OFFLine, an offline RSS/Atom aggregator ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: iomega 2TB external USB drive
    ... backup my win7 drive -- I wonder if I were to repartition it would it ... backup of my win7 and of no real concern at this time. ... foffl.sourceforge.net - Feeds OFFLine, an offline RSS/Atom aggregator ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: best labtop for debian
    ... Battery last for a while ... on it, the Winmodem, and I've never gotten suspend-to-ram working ... foffl.sourceforge.net - Feeds OFFLine, an offline RSS/Atom aggregator ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Debian, Iceweasle, Firefox!