Re: What is possible with static ip?

On Wed, 8 Dec 2010 01:55:32 -0500
shawn wilson <ag4ve.us@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

lastly, what does this have to do with linux? debian in particular? to keep
this topical, if you're going to do any hosting on this box, i'll advise you
to mind what ports you have publicly accessible, run snort and monitor it
(you'll notice some cool stuff - like universities scanning you - it's the
non edu that you should worry about here), install tripwire, and setup

Why shouldn't he worry about scanning from .edu domains as much as from
anywhere else?

Celejar

  • Re: Distinguishing SATA disks
    ... so unless you are changing the physical layout of the ... pci bus on your machine don't worry. ... Other times to worry when you are talking to san LUN, ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: iomega 2TB external USB drive
    ... backup my win7 drive -- I wonder if I were to repartition it would it ... backup of my win7 and of no real concern at this time. ... foffl.sourceforge.net - Feeds OFFLine, an offline RSS/Atom aggregator ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Suspend/Hibernate under Debian
    ... $ blkid | grep sda9 ... foffl.sourceforge.net - Feeds OFFLine, an offline RSS/Atom aggregator ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Lite SMTP server/daemon
    ... or act as a smart-host with only one of the available plugins which ... upstream MTA? ... foffl.sourceforge.net - Feeds OFFLine, an offline RSS/Atom aggregator ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Lets talk about HTTPS Everywhere
    ... SSL protocol. ... foffl.sourceforge.net - Feeds OFFLine, an offline RSS/Atom aggregator ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ... Trouble? ...
    (Debian-User)