Re: compare two directory trees

On 2010-12-14, Yuwen Dai <yuwend@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
--20cf305644eb154f0904975a6ec6

Dear all,

I burn DVD/CDs from ISO files. In order to verify the burning is correct,
I wrote a script working like this:
1. mount the DVD and ISO files onto two mount points
2. calculate every file's md5sum in each directory, and save and sort them
in two separate files
3. compare the above two files.

The above method does work, but too time consuming because of the md5sum
calculating. Do you have any suggestion to improve the efficiency?

Some installation CDs have a menu option which offers to verify the CD
prior to installation. It might be worth investigating what technique
they use and adapting it for your purpose.

Liam

--
Liam O'Toole
Cork, Ireland

  • Re: has K3B been abandoned?
    ... The dd command piped the raw disk contents to sha1sum. ... The current working directory had those .iso files. ... But there is a better way to verify: just do a cmp between the raw ... Here, in essence, is how the verify works (replace file.iso with the ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: compare two directory trees
    ... mount the DVD and ISO files onto two mount points 2. ... but too time consuming because of the md5sum ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: [SLE] how to mount not as superuser?
    ... > ISO files: ... > for this I have to login as root or su to root. ... entry as user. ... make file.iso to be a link to the real is you want to mount. ...
    (SuSE)
  • toastmount / mounting iso file formats
    ... I recently downloaded two very large ISO files. ... a Toast utility called "ToastMount," with no success. ... I proceed anyway and it never seems to mount. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.apps)
  • Re: Install from DVD set
    ... ask you to insert Disc x of y, IOW you now are a DJ;). ... Maybe he can make some iso files from DVD, auto mount them at start-up, to avoid to become Charlie Chaplin of computers? ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)