Re: Can't find latex

Hi,

On Tue, Dec 07, 2010 at 07:19:48AM +0100, Andreas wrote:
Am 06.12.2010 20:28, schrieb Camaleón:

Then you should ask yourself why "kpackage" is failing in searching those
packages while other tools just work fine>:-)

Has Andreas checked this is really the case for his set up?

It looks to me that he did net-install, so Andreas has good net connection.

Okay, asking myself... Unfortunately the answer is: "dunno, but
KPackage is the prominent tool in the debian KDE menu".

I do not use KPackage but if you are looking menu for "installed
packaes", then you should look for "available packages" to find and
select packafges to be installed.

Is there something wrong with KPackage or the debian KDE menu?

I do not know but I do not see much bug reports.
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?ordering=normal;archive=0;src=kdeadmin;repeatmerged=0

I also started apt-get, but this works not at all.

??? this means either you are not using tool correctly or you do not
have network connection or your /etc/apt/sources.list is broken.
(You my have /etc/apt/sources.list.d/* .)

Andreas, you may wish to read:
http://www.debian.org/doc/user-manuals#quick-reference
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-reference/ch02.en.html

Osamu