Re: Can't find latex

Hi,

On Tue, Dec 07, 2010 at 07:19:48AM +0100, Andreas wrote:
Am 06.12.2010 20:28, schrieb Camaleón:

Then you should ask yourself why "kpackage" is failing in searching those
packages while other tools just work fine>:-)

Has Andreas checked this is really the case for his set up?

It looks to me that he did net-install, so Andreas has good net connection.

Okay, asking myself... Unfortunately the answer is: "dunno, but
KPackage is the prominent tool in the debian KDE menu".

I do not use KPackage but if you are looking menu for "installed
packaes", then you should look for "available packages" to find and
select packafges to be installed.

Is there something wrong with KPackage or the debian KDE menu?

I do not know but I do not see much bug reports.
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?ordering=normal;archive=0;src=kdeadmin;repeatmerged=0

I also started apt-get, but this works not at all.

??? this means either you are not using tool correctly or you do not
have network connection or your /etc/apt/sources.list is broken.
(You my have /etc/apt/sources.list.d/* .)

Andreas, you may wish to read:
http://www.debian.org/doc/user-manuals#quick-reference
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-reference/ch02.en.html

Osamu

--
Andy

  • Re: Cant find latex
    ... those packages while other tools just work fine>:-) ... but KPackage ... Is there something wrong with KPackage or the debian KDE menu? ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • libc6 upgrade lenny to squeeze failed, now dpkg is broken - SOLVED
    ... the .kpackage subdirectory of my home directory. ... I was then able to install the squeeze libc6 from ... and to carry on installing other new packages from KPackage. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: KPackage
    ... Works fine even on KDE systems, is better organized, offers better search, ... ... no I don't get payed for this writing:D ... KPackage is not worth loosing a word about it. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • replacement voor kuickshow
    ... works like a charm for the things i need here, groningen, and in the gambia. ... i miss kpackage and kuickshow. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: KDE package manager
    ... What happened to KDE's Kpackage? ... the Debian repositories for Squeeze and Wheezy. ... As far as I recall kpackage did not support APT correctly and was ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)