Re: usb drive nolonger registers on one pc, still registers on another

On Tue, 14 Dec 2010 15:46:21 -0500, Thomas H. George wrote:

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 07:31:30PM +0000, Camaleón wrote:

(...)

Just for testing purposes... what happens if you disconnect the USB
cable of the UPS unit from the computer and boot up the system
afterwards? Are you getting the same warnings when plugin the USB hard
disk and still fails to be detected with "fdisk -l"?

Yes. I can't keep the USB hard disk connected to the computer. As soon
as it is connected the attempts to "enumerate USB device on port 2" keep
scrolling by as sequential addresses are tried. When the highest
address (125?) fails it starts over at address 5 (there are four other
USB devices attached and working normally).

Remove all the USB devices that are attached to the computer and just
leave the USB hard disk. Are you still getting the warnings when only 1
USB device is connected?

I entered fdisk -l while the scrolling continued and the three sata hard
drives were detected (the response interleaved in the scrolling) but the
USB drive was not detected.

That's bad ;-(

Try to unload "ehci_hcd" kernel module, connect the hard disk and check
again.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón