Re: E-business and Linux

On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 10:13, Yuwen Dai <yuwend@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I just can not completely abandon Windows, for all the E-business related
software are for Windows or IE in my country, for example, the security
plug-ins released by banks in China. I don't understand why they don't
develop plug-ins for Linux and Firefox.  I'm just curious, how is your
situation?

Bad, but improving. I make a point of writing snail-mail _and_ email
to any company that has an IE-only website, and also to companies of
Windows software such as Adobe and Autodesk. I even switched banks
because of lack of Firefox support.

I suggest that you write to the companies and let them know that you
need Linux support. If there is no perceived market, they won't write
the software. Show them that the market exists.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il
http://what-is-what.com

  • Re: Desktop user: Etch or the next testing?
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: basic
    ... But with all the incoherences in the tools and the os, I feel sometime like I am working on Windows. ... To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-questions-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx " ... "This email is intended to be reviewed by only the intended recipient ... any review, use, dissemination, disclosure or copying of this email ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • RE: goddammit
    ... Are you a Linux user or a person migrating from Windows? ... There doesn't seem to be any one that will play them all, or, failing that, convert to a format that will play on what I have. ... I can't say that it's not entertaining, but I need a complete operating system and not some ill-fitting patches. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] How to Save The World
    ... > Evil Things to the ATM networks of banks that use Windows based ATMs ... admin & senior security consultant: ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: Ubuntu vs. Debian (was Re: Introduction)