Re: unattended upgrades

On Tue, 04 Jan 2011 17:34:40 +0000, Tony van der Hoff wrote:

On 04/01/11 17:23, Camaleón wrote:

2011-01-04 16:13:26,586 DEBUG pkg 'phpmyadmin' has conffile prompt
2011-01-04 16:13:26,595 DEBUG blacklist: ['phpmyadmin']

(...)

2011-01-04 16:13:27,272 INFO No packages found that can be upgraded
unattended

Hmm, well, I can't pretend to understand this; but doing apt-get
install phpmyadmin upgraded the package.

A bit worrying, though, I rather hoped the security upgrades would be
performed automatically.

Well, my wild-guess (never used this package before) is that this
concrete update requires some "user-intervention" (maybe because it
asks you some questions about what to do with the configuration files
-replace/update- or something like that... dunno :-?), so in this case,
the update cannot be done automatically.

Thanks for replying, Cameleon, but as I said, apt-get install just did
it effortlessly. No interaction required.

No prompts asking you about when using "apt-get upgrade"? Weird, because
that was what the log said and the package gets blacklisted because of
that :-?

I suspect it's a bug, but I don't know enough to report it...

You can open a bug report for the involved package ("unattended-
upgrades"), instructions are here:

http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting.en.html

(...)

Look, there was a similar bug for the Ubuntu package:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unattended-upgrades/+bug/336558

Whose debian change log¹ says it was solved in... "unattended-upgrades
(0.55ubuntu1) lucid; urgency=low" and lenny has... 0.25! Oh, well...

¹ http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/u/unattended-upgrades/unattended-upgrades_0.62.2/changelog

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

  • Re: Is apt-get still the cool package installer?
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: how to update Debian OS properly
    ... a repo then  i must comment it after installing the "whatever package" ... this may be due to a bug in apt where pinning by codename was not ... I remember but I can't find a confirmation via google that apt-get has ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: How to restore /bin?
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: [SLE] Trouble installing Smart package manager
    ... Actually my YAST2 package manager is also not working. ... Suse media 1 and non oss channels were getting timed out. ... Now click on the icon immediately under "File" and this will update all the channels' information. ... Answer Yes and let smart do the upgrades. ...
    (SuSE)
  • [SOLVED] Re: aptitude not upgrading linux-image-2.6...