Re: unattended upgrades

On Tue, 04 Jan 2011 17:34:40 +0000, Tony van der Hoff wrote:

On 04/01/11 17:23, Camaleón wrote:

2011-01-04 16:13:26,586 DEBUG pkg 'phpmyadmin' has conffile prompt
2011-01-04 16:13:26,595 DEBUG blacklist: ['phpmyadmin']

(...)

2011-01-04 16:13:27,272 INFO No packages found that can be upgraded
unattended

Hmm, well, I can't pretend to understand this; but doing apt-get
install phpmyadmin upgraded the package.

A bit worrying, though, I rather hoped the security upgrades would be
performed automatically.

Well, my wild-guess (never used this package before) is that this
concrete update requires some "user-intervention" (maybe because it
asks you some questions about what to do with the configuration files
-replace/update- or something like that... dunno :-?), so in this case,
the update cannot be done automatically.

Thanks for replying, Cameleon, but as I said, apt-get install just did
it effortlessly. No interaction required.

No prompts asking you about when using "apt-get upgrade"? Weird, because
that was what the log said and the package gets blacklisted because of
that :-?

I suspect it's a bug, but I don't know enough to report it...

You can open a bug report for the involved package ("unattended-
upgrades"), instructions are here:

http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting.en.html

(...)

Look, there was a similar bug for the Ubuntu package:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unattended-upgrades/+bug/336558

Whose debian change log¹ says it was solved in... "unattended-upgrades
(0.55ubuntu1) lucid; urgency=low" and lenny has... 0.25! Oh, well...

¹ http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/u/unattended-upgrades/unattended-upgrades_0.62.2/changelog

Greetings,

--
Camaleón