Re: firewall package for laptop wi-fi client

On Sex, 07 Jan 2011, Andrei Popescu wrote:
If you consider an open wireless to be more dangerous, what additional
protective measures do you suggest?

Enable encryption of the wireless traffic (but not WEP, which is too weak).

SSL is always nice, but there isn't much you can do if the remote site does not use it.

A VPN (or a ssh tunnel) will provide more security, but you'll need a remote host.

--
Save yourself from the 'Gates' of hell, use Linux." -- like that one.
-- The_Kind @ LinuxNet

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  • Re: starting kde/gnome
    ... remote and kdm/gnome ... For others that want to do it, I used the 'Linux XDMCP ... > PuTTY fits on a floppy disk. ... > Wielder of the mighty +1 LARTsaber of Unsubscribe ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: something about rm
    ... This is what I use if mounting remote dirs with sshfs, ... Error: no display specified ... xterm Xt error: Can't open display: ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Remote Desktop tool for FreeBSD
    ... Ivan Carey skrev: ... Does anyone know of a remote X client that can be used to establish a remote X session with a FreeBSD box. ... To unsubscribe, send any mail to ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • git-fatal-index-pack-failed , anyway to get verbose output ?