Re: Where Is the List of Installed Packages?

On Sat, 08 Jan 2011 10:22:01 -0500, Hal Vaughan wrote:

(...)

I can simply re-install Debian with no trouble, the only issue is that I
don't have the up-to-date list of all the packages installed on the old
PATA drive. I can, though, plug it in and read it as a data drive.

So where on that drive can I find the list of installed packages?

"/var/lib/dpkg/status" should contain information on the installed
packages, if the file is present.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

  • Re: 2TB USB hard drive for backing up
    ... In fact, I might backup the system (at least, the list of ... packages installed). ... with LUKS and RAID without trouble. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Merging all 30+ Debian CDs onto hard drive
    ... of all the CD's when installing new packages? ... APT-GET INSTALL does allow me to continue, ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ... Trouble? ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: No aptitude download.