Re: Squeeze: Gnome icons missing
- From: Camaleón <noelamac@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 12:35:17 +0000 (UTC)
On Mon, 10 Jan 2011 17:35:12 -0800, Alan Ianson wrote:
On Mon, 10 Jan 2011 22:00:13 +0000 (UTC) Zeissmann wrote:
Recently I've installed Debian Squeeze with Gnome on a new laptop.I'm not sure why but those are off by default now and there is no easy
Unfortunately I'm missing some of the icons. Namely missing are those
under the System menu and all of those in the right-click menus. I've
got all the basic Gnome icons installed which I've checked with the
packages present on the old laptop. Has anyone got a clue what's wrong?
way to set it now (that I know of).
IIRC, it was an upstream (GNOME) decision which Debian (as well as other
distributions) also seems to adapt it. I have to admit I fully agree with
I turn them on by running gconf2 or the configuration editor and
navigating to Desktop -> Gnome - Interface and checking
"buttons_have_icons" and "menus_have_icons".
Yep, that is the way to restore the icons.
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: Autorun installation CD
- Next by Date: Re: need help making shell script use two CPUs/cores
- Previous by thread: Re: Squeeze: Gnome icons missing
- Next by thread: Re: Squeeze: Gnome icons missing