Re: approx for new "netinst" installation

On Tuesday 25 January 2011 01:38:17 pm Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
On Tuesday 25 January 2011 16:17:56 Russell L. Harris wrote:
I am trying to discover how -- if it is possible -- to use "approx" in
order to minimize download time and bandwidth during a new "netinst"
installation.

It's been a while since I did a netinst, but at some point it should ask
you to choose which mirror you want to use. Point it at your local apt
proxy and you should be fine. Might require using an "expert" mode.

During the 'net-install' when the choose mirror screen appears you need to scroll
to the top of the list, choose manual entry or some such, point it at a local
url, proxy etc.

This choice is apparent in all install modes, default to expert.

--
Peace,

Greg