Re: approx for new "netinst" installation

On Tuesday 25 January 2011 01:38:17 pm Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
On Tuesday 25 January 2011 16:17:56 Russell L. Harris wrote:
I am trying to discover how -- if it is possible -- to use "approx" in
order to minimize download time and bandwidth during a new "netinst"
installation.

It's been a while since I did a netinst, but at some point it should ask
you to choose which mirror you want to use. Point it at your local apt
proxy and you should be fine. Might require using an "expert" mode.

During the 'net-install' when the choose mirror screen appears you need to scroll
to the top of the list, choose manual entry or some such, point it at a local
url, proxy etc.

This choice is apparent in all install modes, default to expert.

--
Peace,

Greg

  • Re: approx for new "netinst" installation
    ... entering "192.168.0.200" (the LAN address of my approx ... Inspecting the installation log with F4, ... the netinst Release Candidate 1 CD). ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: approx for new "netinst" installation
    ... Inspecting the installation log with F4, ... install files to a new Squeeze system (which was installed using ... the netinst Release Candidate 1 CD). ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: downloading the files using jigdo
    ... broadband link. ... If you have ANY Debian CD, you don't need to download the netinst CD ... after the installation CD has booted. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • using debootstrap to install Debian
    ... installation of Debian on a Fedora box (that didn't like the netinst ... Debian installation. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • wheezy: / mounts readonly at boot, I cant figure out why
    ... # /etc/fstab: static file system information. ... # swap was on /dev/sda5 during installation ... but I think it started after doing a dist-upgrade on wheezy, ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)