Re: Realtek 8185 chipset problem

On 01/28/2011 06:36 PM, Paul Scott wrote:
On 01/28/2011 02:51 PM, Wayne Topa wrote:

Paul

Check this out.
<http://forums.opensuse.org/archives/sf-archives/archives-network-internet/archives-wireless-networking/334317-native-linux-drivers-realtek-8185-8187-series-wireless-car.html>

I have just installed it. So far no help. No rtl8185 so far. I will look
further.

Paul

Had another thought this AM. Being that the driver is in the kernel, you should remove whatever ndiswrapper installed.

WT

  • Re: Xorg - nv - 8600GT blank screen problem.
    ... Or, if you want to be a bit risky, the nvidia driver from NVIDA's web site works well. ... The risk is that it is not installed "The Debian Way", and future Debian updates may break it, possibly causing a problem, or causing you to need to reinstall it. ... Also, it is finicky about which version of gcc used to compile the kernel interface. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Switching from ipw3945 to iwl3945 driver]
    ... The ipw3945 driver requires closed-source components and has been ... The kernel developers, on the other ... "unknown hardware address type 801" error, which is progress of a sort, ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: How to know if USB device has driver properly installed?