Re: best labtop for debian

On Tue, 8 Feb 2011 09:06:28 -1000
Joel Roth <joelz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tue, Feb 08, 2011 at 12:47:31PM +0100, Peter Beck wrote:
On Tue, 2011-02-08 at 12:50 +0200, Andrei Popescu wrote:
I would go for a ThinkPad. They might be a bit more expensive, but in
my experience it's worth it.

absolutely. I was (and still am) using a T42p and now I have a X301
which is just great.

I'm happy with my i5 ThinkPad T410 with Intel HD Graphics.

I have problems with the Realtek 8191SE wireless network
device. The Realtek driver built but didn't appear to
support scanning for wireless networks.
(I didn't manage to get ndiswrapper working.)

I'm curious - everyone has always seemed to love ThinkPads, but I've
never understood what exactly makes them so popular. I'm not
disagreeing or challenging - I've never used one, and I just want to
understand why everyone swears by them.

-- - Feeds OFFLine, an offline RSS/Atom aggregator - remote access via secure (OpenPGP) email - A Simple Sudoku Solver and Generator