Re: best labtop for debian

On Tue, 8 Feb 2011 09:06:28 -1000
Joel Roth <joelz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tue, Feb 08, 2011 at 12:47:31PM +0100, Peter Beck wrote:
On Tue, 2011-02-08 at 12:50 +0200, Andrei Popescu wrote:
I would go for a ThinkPad. They might be a bit more expensive, but in
my experience it's worth it.

absolutely. I was (and still am) using a T42p and now I have a X301
which is just great.

I'm happy with my i5 ThinkPad T410 with Intel HD Graphics.

I have problems with the Realtek 8191SE wireless network
device. The Realtek driver built but didn't appear to
support scanning for wireless networks.
(I didn't manage to get ndiswrapper working.)

I'm curious - everyone has always seemed to love ThinkPads, but I've
never understood what exactly makes them so popular. I'm not
disagreeing or challenging - I've never used one, and I just want to
understand why everyone swears by them.

Celejar

  • Re: best labtop for debian
    ... I have problems with the Realtek 8191SE wireless network ... The Realtek driver built but didn't appear to ... support scanning for wireless networks. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: iomega 2TB external USB drive
    ... backup my win7 drive -- I wonder if I were to repartition it would it ... backup of my win7 and of no real concern at this time. ... foffl.sourceforge.net - Feeds OFFLine, an offline RSS/Atom aggregator ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Suspend/Hibernate under Debian
    ... $ blkid | grep sda9 ... foffl.sourceforge.net - Feeds OFFLine, an offline RSS/Atom aggregator ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Lite SMTP server/daemon
    ... or act as a smart-host with only one of the available plugins which ... upstream MTA? ... foffl.sourceforge.net - Feeds OFFLine, an offline RSS/Atom aggregator ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Lets talk about HTTPS Everywhere
    ... SSL protocol. ... foffl.sourceforge.net - Feeds OFFLine, an offline RSS/Atom aggregator ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ... Trouble? ...
    (Debian-User)