Re: New policies?
- From: "Hans-J. Ullrich" <hans.ullrich@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 22:07:30 +0100
First of all thanks for the fast reply. Of course I know, this is a user list,
but I think, there are also a lot of developers here.
Well, what I wanted to express is this (and please apologize my direct words):
Debian policy breaks the sense of "stable", because of its own policy it is
forbidden to correct broken (and/or obsolete) protocols, applications whatever
with running versions until the next release. And THAT is IMO the wrong way.
So my suggestion is, to think things over (as the world since the foundation
of debian), and allow exceptions (not only at security issues).
Besides: I like the idea of Erin, merging (and not overwrite) of configuration
files is IMO the better way.
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: New policies?
- Next by Date: Re: Hate mail from Debian people
- Previous by thread: Re: New policies?
- Next by thread: Re: New policies?