Re: Configuring QLogic QLA4010c on Debian on Sparc

Stan Hoeppner put forth on 2/21/2011 6:37 PM:
RR put forth on 2/21/2011 5:47 PM:

Have you made any progress on this?

--
Stan

I hope it's "simply" just that and the HBA doesn't need any programming via
its own utility that accesses the firmware through some low-level API via
the driver etc that I have packages for for other OS/Distros

Have you looked yet in?
/sys/module/qla4xxx/parameters/

You should read this:
http://filedownloads.qlogic.com/files/driver/51633/readme_iSCSIsol.html#sample_file

paying attention to aspects that apply to you and ignoring those that
don't. I.e. find the conf files on your system with similar names.

Also, if you can find a version of this script for the qla4xxx series,
you should be set. I've been unable to locate one.

http://dag.wieers.com/home-made/qla-autoconf/

If you can hack this up for the qla4xxx series it should do exactly what
you need, from the command line.

I'm already on the Debian Sparc mailing list but will enrol in the Debian
Enterprise and Linux iSCSI lists as well. Thanks for the suggestions Stan.
You DO sound like a Hardware freak / geek and I mean that as a compliment,
of course :)

I so wish I had one of these cards in a system. I'd have likely had
this solved for you already. That said, if I could do it, you should be
able to as well. You already have the module loaded and thus all the
conf files exist. You should be able to find them all in a just few
minutes, edit and save the, reboot, done.

Also, given Debian SPARC has a driver module for that card, and it
installs and works correctly, given the Qlogic doesn't provide a
Linux/SPARC version of its GUI config tool, I'd bet there is already a
CLI config tool on your Debian install somewhere. You just need to find
it. I was hoping someone on one of these lists would have this information.

Thanks for the compliment. :) I'm not as much of a hardwarefreak as I
once was. Or, maybe I'm just freaking on lesser amount of different
(higher end) hardware. ;)

  • Re: Configuring QLogic QLA4010c on Debian on Sparc
    ... You DO sound like a Hardware freak / geek and I mean that as a compliment, ... Also, given Debian SPARC has a driver module for that card, and it ... CLI config tool on your Debian install somewhere. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Switching from ipw3945 to iwl3945 driver]
    ... The ipw3945 driver requires closed-source components and has been ... The kernel developers, on the other ... unknown hardware address type 801. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: help with Sabrent 802.11N PCI wireless card, Ralink driver?